Subject: networking, was Mac on Lan
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: guy santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1999 14:06:49
  I got my quadra610 connected to the network:)  And I'm just learning
about networking.

  I set up an ftp server on my  quadra and now I have a permanent
connection to the internet  and a fixed IP address.  But to use the ftp server
I have to enter in the numbers: 210.217.124.187 I don't think I have a name
associated with that number.
	What do I have to do to get that number 210.217.124.187 associated with
a name that anyone can enter like this "ftp://fredfl3.howon.ac.kr" in their
browser and find my ftp server.

I used to use my ISP to send and receive mail.  But I was thinking, now that I have
this connection to the network of our school and a fixed address, can't I just
have the mail sent right to the quadra?   Would it also be possible to have
different email addressed for every user account on this NetBSD quadra?

  Thanks for your help,

		Guy