Subject: Re: Apple Sound ship support
To: kurkdj_m <kurkdj_m@epita.fr>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1999 01:18:23
Hi,

kurkdj_m <kurkdj_m@epita.fr> wrote:

kurkdj> I just want to know if someone is working on sound
kurkdj> support on q650.

As far as I know, Colin Wood and I are working on sound
support now.

If I'm not wrong, Quadra has EASC (Enhanced Apple Sound
Chip) which differs from original ASC found 020 or 030
machines.  I don't have a Quadra, so I don't know well about
EASC.

kurkdj> if not where can i get some information to begin the
kurkdj> hacking...

"Inside Macintosh" and "Guide to the Macintosh Hardware" by
Apple would be usefull for begin with (IM is available
online also), but most of the info we get in hand is sound
driver in ROM (Thanks Colin!) and SoundManager.  MacsBug
might be your friend.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on over 20 architectures!