Subject: Re: Why don't my MacIIci boot ?
To: Shigeyuki Miyagi <miyagi@sys.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/20/1999 15:35:12
Shigeyuki Miyagi wrote:
> I got a MacIIci with the following specifications,
> so I have been trying to set up NetBSD 1.4.
>
> RAM: 20M
> HDD: 4GB (originaly 240MB HDD, I exchanged a new drive)
> ether: Shiva EtherPort II
> OS: KanjiTalk7.5.3 (maybe corresponding System7.5.3)

this sounds like it should work...

> I can successfuly load files on the root partition,
> but, booting process is hung up after displaying following messages
>
> Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x0.
>
> Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.

well, i'd try making sure that 32-bit addressing is turned on and virtual
memory is turned off in the memory control panel.  if that doesn't do it,
try booting with all extensions turned off.  if that also doesn't work,
try booting from a raw kernel file under macos instead of booting off the
netbsd partition.

hopefully, one or more of these will help :-)

good luck!

colin