Subject: Re: m68k Asm and C
To: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/20/1999 13:54:54
On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Andy Finnell wrote:

> Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > Why are you using a define? I think an inline c routine would be what you
> > want.
>
> Because this is part of the syscall template file for mit-pthreads.
> This #define will be used to generate code to make syscalls.  It has to
> be asm.  :-(  If I could get away with C, I would.  Thanks for the input,

What I was trying to say is that you could just use an inline c routine
which had the asm in it. So that you're not trying to have the macro
processer do asm.

Another option would be to look at /usr/src/lib/libc/arch/m68k/SYS.h which
is the macro file used to generate NetBSD syscalls. Note also that, in
usr/src/libc/sys/Makefile.inc, the ASM gets fed directly to as, not going
through cc.

Good luck!

Take care,

Bill