Subject: re: Of mice and men
To: None <cpg@scs.howard.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <knakata@itpjp.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/1999 11:31:05
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 21:48:28 -0400 (EDT), "Christopher P. Gill" <cpg@scs.howard.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:
> >   I found a mouse by microspeed, called mouse deluxe.  But I'm
> > afraid to order it becaus I haven't heard anyone else say they are
> > using with NetBSD.  I saw it for sale at provantage.com.  If it
> > says it works on the ADB shouldn't work with NetBSD?
>
> Actually, I was kind of hoping that I would hear of someone who had
> successfully tried Microspeed's Mouse Deluxe before I got one.  In any
> case, the couple places I've checked on the WWWeb seem to be backordered,
> including provantage.com, so it's not like I could get one right away.

Excerpt from /sys/arch/mac68k/dev/adbsys.c:

        if (adbdata.origADBAddr == ADBADDR_MS &&
            (adbdata.devType == ADBMS_USPEED ||
             adbdata.devType == ADBMS_UCONTOUR)) {
                /* Found MicroSpeed Mouse Deluxe Mac or Contour Mouse */
Looks very much like we do support it.

BTW, the Kensington Thinking Mouse I was loaned for a short period of
time worked as an Extended Mouse Protocol mouse.  Don't know if it
applies to every Thinking Mouse on the shelf, though.  Its fourth
button is not used in X by default, but the button status is received
by the kernel and passed to the X kernel.  It's just not set up to do
anything by default.

Hope this helps,

Ken