Subject: re: Of mice and men
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Christopher P. Gill <cpg@scs.howard.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1999 21:48:28
On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Roger Fischer wrote:
> > >I couldn't find a 3-button mouse, either, so I bought a Kensington
> > >Thinking Mouse, which has 4.
> >
> > I was able to find the "Mouse Systems - MacPoint Pro" at Fry's about 6
> > months ago.  It works great on my Centris.  There is definitely a lack of
> > choice in multi-button mice as far as the mac is concerned.
> >
> > Good Luck,
> > Rog
>
>   I found a mouse by microspeed, called mouse deluxe.  But I'm afraid to order
> it becaus I haven't heard anyone else say they are using with NetBSD.  I saw it
> for sale at provantage.com.  If it says it works on the ADB shouldn't work
> with NetBSD?

Actually, I was kind of hoping that I would hear of someone who had
successfully tried Microspeed's Mouse Deluxe before I got one.  In any
case, the couple places I've checked on the WWWeb seem to be backordered,
including provantage.com, so it's not like I could get one right away.

> I'm having trouble finding that kensington "thinking mouse".  I can fing the PC
> (ps2) version, but not the mac version.  Does any one no of good internet mail
> order company that would have that?

I remember seeing at least one in my WWWeb travels recently.  I'll try
to find it/them again.

"Don't die wondering..."                http://www.cldc.howard.edu/~cpg
                                              email: cpg@scs.howard.edu
chris out-              Christopher P. Gill
  peace.        C.L.D.C. Senior System Operator (Ret.)