Subject: Re: real mem / avail mem
To: Pedro G. Gonnet <pgonnet@student.ethz.ch>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1999 10:17:41
Pedro G. Gonnet wrote:

> >         Well... I know 7.6.1 for me uses over 6MB of RAM, so your kernel is
> > using less than MacOS would, if that helps! ;-)
>
> ouch! being mainly a linux user i'm used to compiling streamlined
> kernels for aging machines, but i've never done this for netbsd... is
> there any faq out there on how to do this? i don't even know where to
> find the sources...

look at the documentation section on www.netbsd.org.  i'm fairly sure
there is a kernel-compiling in there.  i believe there may also be a
kernel HOWTO on www.macbsd.com.  the sources themselves are on
ftp.netbsd.org or its mirrors, usually very near to the distribution sets
that you used to install the system.  generally you want syssrc.tgz.

later.

colin