Subject: HDD at midnight
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1999 16:16:35
Hi,

This is a strange story. I'm running 1.4C on LC520 with external 1 GB
HDD. When the clock points to 3:15AM (JST), external HDD (it's running
NetBSD/mac68k at that time) starts to make a loud noise and system slow
down. It's daily happening.
(Don't ask me why I'm waking up so late at night. 'cause I'm a batman.)

I found this phenomenon when I was a user of 1.3 stable version and it
happens when NetBSD/mac68k is running. Even if I reinstall system,
same phenomenon happens :-(

External HDD is FAST SCSI-2 HDD AV-1000HG and manufacturer is Caravelle
Dara Systems (But it seems like that this HDD is made by NEC).

I suspect my explanations isn't good enough but has anyone else ever
experienced the above ?

Thanks,

---
Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>