Subject: Many MacIIci and 1.4 problems
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Finnell <andyf@vei.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/15/1999 17:45:33
The more I try to use/setup my new 1.4 installation, the more problems I find.

The first thing I was trying to do is install m4.  So I went and
downloaded the pkgsrc file and untar'ed it.  I attempted the command

make fetch-list | sh

while in  csh inside the m4 directory, but all I got was make, sh, and
csh core dumps.  However if I changed the command to

make fetch-list | csh

everything went fine, at least for that command.  Next I tried

make

to build the package, but after telling me it was extracting the archive
(m4 in this case), it hung, then core dumped.  A bit flustered, I
attempted to install m4 by hand.  Issuing the command

./configure

inside the m4 directory almost got the configure script to finish.  In
the last few steps csh core dumped.  I switched to bash and tried again,
and it worked (most of the settings were in cache now).  However running
the command

make

just generated yet another core dump (make this time).

I've installed a clean system twice, but with the same results.  Any
ideas why nothing seems to be working?  I running NetBSD 1.4 on a
MacIIci with 8 MB ram and approx 260 MB hard drive space.  I'm
installing from a CD.  Thanks in advance,

	-andy