Subject: Re: Asante & IIci cache card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/14/1999 02:48:35
On 1:28 Uhr +0200 14.06.1999, Allen Briggs wrote:

> Interessant.
>
> So the same card in the IIsi works, while the IIci does not.
> The NuvoLink card works in the IIci in the same slot that the
> Asante does not work in.  The Asante Troubleshooter fails to
> read the expected byte from 0xfeed0000.
>
> 0xfeed0000 doesn't look much like anything.
>
> Can you get a MacsBug dump of 0xfeed0000?  Can you try writing a value
> to 0xfeed0000 and reading it back?  Do you have a cache card in the
> IIci?  If so, can you try the same tests with that disabled?
>
> -allen

The presaence of the cache card was my first idea (therefore the
subject) but also without cache card the Asante does not work in the
IIci.

Tomorrow evening (now it's late here, 2.30) I'll try to get the
Troubleshooter infos without cache card.

As for the rest, could you please lead me a bit closer - I'm way under
average level of most of the subscribers here as for computer
knowledge. Sorry . . .:))

I know what MacsBug is - have it even running to recover crashes,
essentially :)

TIA & kind regads, Ulrich