Subject: Asante & IIci cache card
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@a2e.hp.shuttle.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/1999 04:34:12
Finally I got a bit of time to continue with NetBSD my IIci.
Essentially I wanted to install the Asante ethernet card MC3NB (those
listed as compatible in the FAQ).

Now, on MacOS side this card does not work, although it is recognized
by Slotlook & other compareable tools as MacCon Ethernet Card. Another
ethernet card (NuvoLink) works - but isn't compatible yet (tho it is of
the "good type" :) ) with NetBSD. Does anyone know if there is a
conmpatibility problem with that Asante card and the IIci? I suspect
something like this, since the Asante worked fine in a Q950 and also in
a IIsi (using the same identical hd, i.e. those from the IIci). The
ethernet in use here is BNC. Any ideas in regard?

TIA, Ulrich