Subject: Re: Postgres or Tk: which of these 2 fails?
To: Sergey N. Ivanov <sergey57@bigfoot.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/09/1999 14:43:14
Sergey N. Ivanov wrote:
> Hi Colin!
> You see, there is not any precompiled binary in NetBSD package collection neither for Postgres, nor for Tcl and Tk. So I compiled it at my mac, using install scripts from package collection.
> After receiving your question I look for '_crypt' symbol and I have seen it in /usr/pkg/lib/libpq.so.2.0 file. So, I think, Tcl and Tk are not involved in the problem.
> But if I compile myself some object library with reference to '_crypt' this module must be installed in the includes in compile time? I search in all source files of Postgres by "grep -r /crypt *" and don't find!
> My /etc/ld.so.conf contains all libraries links of my NetBSD: /usr/lib, /usr/pkg/lib, /usr/pkg/pgsql/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib.
>
> So I need your help. Where I can find this library with '_crypt' symbol, why it does not installed with Postgres and was not checked wether it exists in my system or not.

hmmmm....you need to wrap your lines at 80 columns, but at least my editor
isn't making too much of a mess...

anyway, the _crypt routine (or crypt()) is usually part of the domestic
source code found in libcrypt in the secr.tgz distribution set, i believe.
if you're a US citizen (sorry, forgot to check the email headers), you can
install this one.  it sounds like you're getting some kind of mismatch
between something that was compiled with -lcrypt and something that
wasn't.  perhaps you need to add -lcrypt to the link flags?  i haven't
compiled this particular package myself, so i'm not quite sure what else
could be going on here.

later.

colin