Subject: Re: Is it possible to netboot NEtBSD/mac68k?
To: None <lazaro@online.no>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/09/1999 07:55:50
> Does anybody out there know (or can point me to) how to netboot
> NEtBSD/mac68k using a minimal startup floppy disk?

Unfortunately, no.  You would need to enhance the booter application
in order to do this.  I don't know how hard this would be.  It
would probably be easy for someone who knows MacOS and Unix network
programming...

If you don't want to have local Unix filesystems on the LCII, but
you don't mind a MacOS filesystem, you could install a hard disk
with MacOS (with networking), a NetBSD kernel, and the NetBSD
booter.  The booter can read the kernel from the local disk, and
boot from that, mounting root and other filesystems over NFS.

-allen