Subject: Is it possible to netboot NEtBSD/mac68k?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lazaro Daniel Salem <SALEM@statoil.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/09/1999 09:28:48
Hi,
In short:
Does anybody out there know (or can point me to) how to netboot
NEtBSD/mac68k using a minimal startup floppy disk?

The long story:
I am trying to find info on the web about netbooting NetBSD/Mac68k
(from a NetBSD/hp300 box I use as a server to netboot other
NetBSD/hp300  and i386/DOS diskless boxes) but haven't find anything
sensible, i.e., that does not requires a hard disk to boot.

Although mac68k is, as hp300, a m68k based port I am not very
familiar with Macs, and would like to use one of the LC II
as a diskless router.

I searched for hints at the NetBSD.org and web linked sites.
I recall Mark Andres (mark@giganet.net) pages at
http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/index.html pages
about *BSD networking. In a private mail he suggested:

>Unfortunately, NetbSD/mac68k requires that you first boot into MacOS and
>then reboot into NetBSD. I don't see anyway to get it to boot across the
>network, but you might want to try asking your question on the port-mac68k
>mailing list.

So here I am... trying and hoping others have a solution in mind.
Thanks in advance,

Lazaro

P.S. Please reply with CC to lazaro@online.no if possible.