Subject: Re: question about pmap_enter()
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/1999 23:58:49
John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu> wrote:

John> I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm more of an
John> applications programmer, not a kernel hacker (well, so
John> far, at least... ;) ) and don't really understand
John> everything that's going on in the patched files (nor
John> how to implement some of your suggestions below).  And
John> the only assembly I've ever programmed was Z80... :)

I'd help you on testing kernel, though top of my todo list
is making interrupt of asc driver work...

John> As it stands, it *does* require that one define
John> "options DAYSTAR" in the kernel config file and build
John> a new kernel, which presumedly one wouldn't do if one
John> didn't have a Daystar installed, but yes, I see your
John> point that it may be desirable to have a Daystar
John> patched kernel work in a system w/o a Daystar (eg,
John> just in case one ever had to remove the Daystar for
John> some reason).

I have two IIci's, one has Daystar and the other has not, so
working Daystar enabled kernel without accelerator card is
really appriciated:-)

BTW, if I obtain logic board of SE/30, I plan to support my
Daystar for SE/30 also.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on over 20 architectures!