Subject: NuBUS data bus
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/07/1999 13:48:02
I have some questions since I'm working on an R2R NuBUS sound adaptor.

1.  Does each slot have its own data bus (are they all connected together
or not?)
2.  Does each slot have its own address bus (are they shared except the
upper bit?)
3.  Which bits on the NuBUS address bus set the current card?
4.  Does each card have its own /RD / /WR wires, or are they shared with
all the cards?

All of the questions are asking about physical connections basically.  I
need to know where to tie the enable of my latch on the computer.  Once I
can figure that out, all I need to do is write a program that sends data to
that slot and make a /dev/sound device link for it.

I've already done this on i386 using the parallel port.

Grant