Subject: Re: xmcd broken under 1.4?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1999 23:32:46
Guy Santiglia writes:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, John Valdes wrote:
> > Is anyone using xmcd 2.5 w/ NetBSD 1.4 successfully?  I'm trying to
> > use it on a IIcx w/ the NCR SCSI driver, but when I do, the kernel
> > reports:
> >
> >   cd0(ncrscsi0:6:0): cannot allocate scsipi xs
> >
> > and the SCSI bus locks up (I can't access anything on the scsi bus
> > after this happens).
>
> I'm using xmcd 2.4 with NetBSD 1.4-- it works great.  Maybe you should try
> 2.4.  That's one of the  programs that never gave me any trouble.

xmcd 2.4 exhibits the same problem.  I just booted an SBC kernel (my
previously reported problem w/ the SBC kernel hanging on boot turns
out be be due to user error... ;) ), and now xmcd (2.5) works!  Must
be some incompatibility with xmcd and the NCR scsi driver...  What
SCSI driver are you using?

John