Subject: Re: QuadraLink (was: Re: macbsd.com upgrade)
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1999 21:37:55
At 6:07 AM -0400 6/6/99, Ken Nakata wrote:

>> Using MacsBug and the Slots program, I've located the control and data
>> registers on the UARTs, and know how to read these off the card via
>> the sResource dir.  That's as far as I've gotten so far, though.
>
>Sounds like the rest should not be that hard.  You should be able to
>write a NuBus attachment for the MI zs driver, and that should be
>pretty much it.

A driver would be a snap since the chip should work with the zs driver but
I think I remember somebody mentioning that the serial code needed some
adjustment to deal with attachers who were not "onboard". I.e. the driver
code may be hacked to deal specifically with the onboard serial chips.

At worst you could just copy the generic zs code and make a NuBus zs driver
to see what needs to change and to get the board up. Would that be zn? :-)

I've got one of these boards too. They look pretty straight forward.

I wish I had the time to get my National Instruments NB-PRL parallel port
card working too. My IIvx would make a nice line printer server at that
point :-)

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill