Subject: Further questions about PostgreSQL
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Sergey N. Ivanov <sergey57@bigfoot.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/1999 02:27:27
	First I'm going to ask a question: my pgaccess failed with message:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_crypt" in wish8.0:/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.2.0
	I changed pgaccess's only first string to point to real path and name of tcl/tk 8.0.5 shell as it was installed from NetBSD package collection.
	I'll appreciate any help to avoid this problem with pgaccess.

	Also I want to tell next part of my story about PostgreSQL on mac68k NetBSD.
	I have spent a lot of time to understand and fix inaccuracy in Postgres installation, due to which I could not start Postgres. It was in
'PGLIB=/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib; PGDATA=/usr/pkg/pgsql/data; export PGLIB PGDATA' statements in .profile for pgsql user. After such assignments and export initdb  said that PGLIB is not defined. As far as I have understand, there is a difference between 'set' and 'setenv' statements. I changed pgsql's shell to csh and replaced these statements by
'setenv PGLIB /usr/pkg/pgsql/lib; setenv PGDATA /usr/pkg/pgsql/data'
	Now I can assert results of regression tests, published by Henry B. Hotz. As he wrote, the most serious problem is more than 200 day difference in time between 'now' and 'current'. Is there any news about this outstanding regression in dates?

	WBR,
		Sergey Ivanov