Subject: help
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Scot Bowlin <wubi@iquest.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1999 15:03:15
Hello,

    I have come to the point with NetBSD that I need outside help.
Hardware; Mac IIcx, 17MB RAM, 1.2GB Quantum Fireball hard drive, partitioned
as; MacOS partition 360MB, root 360MB, user 490MB, swap 40MB Mac OS 7.5.3.
 First what I have done so far. I have installed Version 1.4
netbsd-genericsbc kernal.gz, base.tgz, etc.tgz, games/tgz, man.tgz, text.tgz
using installer version 1.1g, booter is version1.11.3,
    I have succeeded in getting the IIcx to boot in multi-user mode (Yea!!
only took two days to figure that out. Yes is not the same as YES
apparently)
Now the problem. In single user mode when the IIcx asks for terminal type it
will accept vt220. Everything works fine. But in multi-user mode when I log
in as root to set up my user account no matter what I enter at the terminal
type prompt is returned as type unknown. As I watch the boot messages I see
that the root and user partitions are checked and declared clean. I have
searched the mailing lists archives to no avail and none of the FAQ's seems
to have an answer. Anyone know what I have done wrong or what I am missing?
I can't even access the man pages from the multi-user mode, nothing seems to
work. Thanks in advance.