Subject: First BSD system
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Knight <dknight@bakerbooks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1999 14:13:20
I have a nice collection of older Macs at home and would like to try
MacBSD.

1) What's the best way to get everything I need?

2) How much RAM, hard drive space will it require?

3) Given the following, which will be the easiest to set up:
   - SE/30
   - IIcx w/Apple video card (Toby?)
   - IIsi
   - LC
   - LC II

All have 8+ MB of memory. I plan on putting BSD on an external drive. All
but SE/30 have Dayna ethernet cards. (SE/30 should arrive next week, so I
don't know which ethernet card it has.)

4) What's a good starter project?

Eventual goals: setting up a domain name server at work that lets us
retire MacDNS, setting up a web server at home to replace NetPresenz on
my Quadra 650.

Dan Knight, information systems manager        dknight@bakerbooks.com
  Baker Book House Company, Ada, Michigan <http://www.bakerbooks.com>

  "In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man,
  it seems unfair that He did not also limit his stupidity."
                                               - Konrad Adenauer