Subject: Re: keyboard problem or 1.4 problem (and more....)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: )O_S( <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/1999 10:32:51
Colin Wood wrote:
>Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
>> Just my two bits....
>>
>> I have just installed the 1.4 tree on my 660AV box and noticed the CAPS
>> lock problem, but the funny thing was testing the previous beta-versions of
>> the kernel I had the same problem for the SBC kernel, but no CAPS lock for
>> the generic kernel...
>> I just thought this was an minor difference in order to distinguish between
>> the kernels when booting... appearently not so! or ?
>
>the difference between the GENERIC and GENERICSBC kernels is a _SCSI_
>driver for '030-based macs.  how strange.  maybe this is somehow another
>symptom of the hang at boot problem.  has anyone seen this problem while
>using the MRG ADB driver or is this only a problem with the hardware
>direct driver?
>
>btw, i cannot reproduce this on my Q840AV under a 1.4A kernel...
>
>later.
>
>colin

-On my LC475 it'll hang once in a while at the adb point (adb at obio0) in
bootup (especially after having saved any new settings in the Booter
without rebooting my Mac)
-I also noticed this little capslock quirk.
The following happens: after pressing return  for shell (in multi or
single) the first thing i have to do is hitting capslock once so i get
noncapital. It's just a  bit annoying, but not making booting troublesome.
Funny quirk?
-another much more annoying problem is that when i hit ^D it goes fine into
multi and then the init dies...time after time, so i avoid login out this
way.

CUR@,
T@W

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects."

Quoted - Robert A. Heinlein