Subject: RE: kernel
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/1999 06:15:52
I did that ps from the db> prompt and didn't see any thing with
*getty* in it. xdm was in the list twice; one "xdm 	wait"
and one "xdm 	select"  is that normal?

I was wondering if this caplock problem could be related to this kernel
booting  problem.  That adb_direct.c has to do with the apple desktop bus,
right?  Has that been changed since 1.3.3 to 1.4?  I was thinking of getting
some of the old kernel source and swapping out adb_direct.c with the 1.3.3
version and see what happens.  Has anyone tried that?

	I had to do something similar to get ppp to work when I upgraded
from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3.

> Interesting. The thing with xdm seems to be a different problem. Are
> you sure you don't have any "getty"s running on the console?
>
> Next time, try breaking into the debugger (Command-Power, I think).
> >From the db> prompt, type `ps' to see if there are any gettys running.
> >From there, you can also shut down to single user with `kill 1'
> followed by `c'.

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea