Subject: [moonglue@141.com: [linux-mac68k] new list]
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/30/1999 19:35:13
I don't recall seeing this announced on port-mac68k.
I hope no one minds my forwarding it.

-allen

----- Forwarded message from "Michael A. Peters" <moonglue@141.com> -----

Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:24:54 -0700
To: linux-mac68k@baltimore.wwaves.com
From: "Michael A. Peters" <moonglue@141.com>
Subject: [linux-mac68k] new list

The following message is from the mac2mac list, moderated by Dan Knight
(of the Low End Mac)

This list is aimed at newbies- but as the message states, we need pros too!

>I put out a feeler about setting up a newbie list for Mac users who want
>to run Linux, NetBSD, or some other Unix-derived OS on Macintosh hardware.
>
>Response was very solid, so I'm setting up MaX.
>
>MaX needs newbies as well as seasoned Linux/BSD/etc. users to answer
>their questions. Don't count on me for any support -- I'm still trying to
>figure out what to download, how to install it, and what to do once it's
>installed. (That sums up my experience putting MacBSD on a IIcx. It ran,
>but I didn't know what to do.)
>
>Hoping this will help a lot of other look into the other alternative to
>Windows.

>No FAQ yet. We'll see how it develops.
>
>Dan Knight, dknight@mail.iserv.net <http://reformed.net/>
Peace,

Michael A. Peters
http://www.moonglue.com/
Working Macs: 233 G3, SE/30, SE, Plus
Non-Working Macs: SE/30 (will fix? soon!)
Wanted Macs: PB 540c, G3 PB, Color Classic

----- End forwarded message -----