Subject: IPNAT question
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Reilly <mjreilly@flashcom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1999 18:57:35
I'm a pretty happy guy right now. I got 1.4 installed on my Quadra 700
with no problems, got IPNAT turned on for my DSL connection and it's
working great except for one little thing. The Quadra only has the
internal ethernet so I gave sn0 my (static) IP for the DSL and made an
alias of 192.168.0.3 for my internal network. I can access the internet
fine from my Powermac running MacOS but I can't telnet to the NetBSD box anymore.

I just entered the one rule that's in the IPNAT how-to into my
ipnat.conf, it's as follows:

map sn0 192.168.0.0/24 -> 0.0.0.0/32 portmap tcp/udp 10000:40000

I obviously entered my DSL IP address instead of 0.0.0.0. I can ping the
Quadra from the PowerMac but not telnet. I want to get rid of the
monitor and run the Quara headless so I'll need to telnet.  I'm sure
this must be an IPNAT config prob but I don't know where to start.
Anyone care to give me a shove it the right direction? I'd be eternally greatful.

cheers,

matthew reilly

P.S. Get this, I was worried about the NetBSD box slowing down my
connection some (it's 384k SDSL) but browsing from the Powermac actually
feels faster. Is this possible? Or am I just high on the coolness of
NetBSD?