Subject: Re: kernel
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/28/1999 08:35:52

> Well, GENERIC is supposed to be the config for the generic kernel,
> except when it isn't. :) INSTALL is the kernel that's small enough to
> fit on the install floppy. Has anyone installed a mac68k from floppy
> yet? The others are samples and working configs from machines past and
> present. They're intended to give you ideas for making your own custom
> configuration.

   That's funny--  when I tried to build the INSTALL configuration,
it was bigger than the GERERIC configuration.  Maybe I did something
wrong??

  Now that I got one to compile and boot.  I'll try and trim it down to
the minimum configuration that I need and see what happens.

	Cheers,

		Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea