Subject: Re: kernel
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1999 10:26:45
On Fri, 28 May 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

>   I'm running a custom kernel now. :)  The only thing I changed from
> the GERERIC configuration was uncommenting the:
>
> #options        DEBUG           # expensive debugging checks/support
>
> line.  I didn't try adding the `options ADB_DEBUG' line.  What are different
> configuration files in /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf for?  There is one named
> MYSTERY, INSTALL and GENERIC.

Well, GENERIC is supposed to be the config for the generic kernel,
except when it isn't. :) INSTALL is the kernel that's small enough to
fit on the install floppy. Has anyone installed a mac68k from floppy
yet? The others are samples and working configs from machines past and
present. They're intended to give you ideas for making your own custom
configuration.