Subject: Re: kernel
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/1999 08:05:13
On Wed, 26 May 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> The 1.4 distribution kernels have `options ADB_DEBUG' in the config
> file. Or if you have that already, commenting it out might work, too.
> (And then run config, etc.) In fact, I've found that making almost any
> change give you about a 50-50% chance of working flawlessly. It's all
> very wierd.
>
> If you'd like to experiment, I also found that changing the value
> passed to delay on line 2037 of /sys/arch/mac68k/dev/adb_direct.c from
> 3000 to other values between 2000 and 4000 also works. Be sure to let
> us know if you come up with anything consistent or repeatable.
>
> The pr has been filed as port-mac68/6839,
> <http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=6839>.
> I think my latest response was lost when the server crashed a few
> months ago, but I have little to add, really. It's a mystery.

   Well, thanks for sharing your problems about the kernel.  I was worried
it was just my machine?  I'll let you know if I find anything that works.
I've got three xterm windows building different kernel configurations now.

I was hoping that 1.4 would be less problems that 1.3.3. I hope we get this
kernel building going smoothly soon.  :)

   Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, 50 MHZ, NetBSD 1.4!
South Korea