Subject: Re: Q900 woes
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/1999 23:34:17
> 	I am hoping to use my old Quadra 900 as a dialin machine for my
> LAN. Has there been any headway on support for the IOP's that drive the
> serial ports and ADB?

Nope.  We can run the serial ports in "compat" mode, though, and get
basic performance from them, but it's pretty CPU-intensive at higher
speeds--just like on the other macs.  The Linux folks are delving into
the IOPs, though, and have come up with a little info so far.  I wish
I had time to work on it, too.  I have a 950 here, now, as well as a
IIfx, but they're gathering dust while I try to meet bills with my day
job...  *sigh*  :-)

> I also have an AE Shadow QuadraLink NuBus 4-port serial port card that
> I was hoping to use with it as well.

What kind of hardware is on the card?  I haven't heard of anyone getting
any serial nubus cards to work.  I think Bill S. has his hands on a
card, but I don't recall hearing whether or not he's made any progress
with it.

-allen