Subject: Re: trouble with 1.4 netatalk compile....
To: Michael bartosh <bartosh@apple.tamu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/1999 10:29:18
On Wed, 26 May 1999, Michael bartosh wrote:

> a- where do I get the des libs and is there a pkg to move over to the
> pam system, butcause secure is a good thing and I would like to
> uncomment those parts of the makefile.

NetBSD doesn't have pam support at the moment. And all the libraries you
need should be in the standard install.

> b) compile is stopping at
>
> >gcc -I../../sys/netbsd/ -I/usr/include/kerberosIV -DBSD4_4    -O2
> >-I../../include         -DAPPLCNAME  -o afpd unix.o afs.o kuam.o
> >send_to_kdc.o lifetime.o ofork.o  main.o switch.o auth.o volume.o
> >directory.o file.o  enumerate.o desktop.o filedir.o fork.o appl.o
> >gettok.o bprint.o  status.o afp_options.o afp_asp.o afp_dsi.o
> >messages.o config.o  nfsquota.o codepage.o -L../../libatalk
> >-latalk     -lcrypt -lrpcsvc  -lwrap
> >switch.o: Undefined symbol `_afp_changepw' referenced from data segment

The only changepw I see defined in the 990130 version is afp_afschangepw,
which is an afs-specific thing.

> >file.o: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely, use mkstemp() or mkdtemp()
> >asp_getsess.o: warning: reference to compatibility sigemptyset();
> >include <signal.h> for correct reference
> >asp_getsess.o: warning: reference to compatibility sigaction();
> >include <signal.h> for correct reference
> >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop.
>
> Always worked on 1.3 with a couple tweaks, what's up here?

Things changed in 1.4.

Try the latest package, which makes netatalk-990130. It just compiled fine
on an i386 for me.

Take care,

Bill