Subject: Re: kernel
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/1999 09:33:44
On Tue, 25 May 1999, Guy Santiglia wrote:

>   I commented out those line in /etc/ttys but it still hangs on boot up.
> It usually hangs at
>
> adbo at obio
>

> What should I do?  Wait until this problem is fixed in the current kernel?

The 1.4 distribution kernels have `options ADB_DEBUG' in the config
file. Or if you have that already, commenting it out might work, too.
(And then run config, etc.) In fact, I've found that making almost any
change give you about a 50-50% chance of working flawlessly. It's all
very wierd.

If you'd like to experiment, I also found that changing the value
passed to delay on line 2037 of /sys/arch/mac68k/dev/adb_direct.c from
3000 to other values between 2000 and 4000 also works. Be sure to let
us know if you come up with anything consistent or repeatable.

The pr has been filed as port-mac68/6839,
<http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=6839>.
I think my latest response was lost when the server crashed a few
months ago, but I have little to add, really. It's a mystery.