Subject: ZTerm
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <e.cartwright@de.qiagen.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/1999 09:21:14
Dear all,

Is it at all possible to send files to a NetBSD box from a ZTerm serial
console? I run NetBSD on a IIci, but I found that the internal video is not
terribly brilliant using the cmd line. When editing a command, the screen
isn't refreshed, and so I run the II as a monitorless, keyboardless box that
I connect to using an LC475 next door. It would be very useful to have some
way of transferring files from the 475 to the II using the serial
connection. Is this at all possible?

On a completely different note, and just out of interest, the 475 I have has
a 'broken' LC040, and so when it 'runs' NetBSD, it segfaults often. Both
'ls -l' and ' perl -e " print 'Hello' " ' segfault it. If such segfaults are
calls? My programming experience is very limited, but I can't imagine why
either command requires a floating point calculation.

Cheers,

/ e w e n