Subject: Re: Can't install any package
To: D. Gassen <gadi0013@fh-karlsruhe.de>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1999 20:33:33
cd to the package directory and type make clean

Packages leave a (series of) little files around to keep track
of which steps have been performed.  If the .install file is
still there, make install ends up being a no-op!

On Tue, 25 May 1999, D. Gassen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got the following problem after trying sup for the first time
> (succeded in updating, succeded again this morning: SUP Upgrade of
> current-pkgsrc completed at May 25 04:50:51 1999).
>
> After that I get the error message
>
> > Your package tools need to be updated to 1999/04/12 versions.
> > The installed package tools were last updated on 1999/01/19.
> > Please make and install the pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install package.
>
> I did this and the source tar file was fetched. I can compile it but
> running "make install" doesn't work. It simply does nothing.
>
> Any help?
>
> D. Gassen

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |