Subject: [Q] Warning: no /dev/console ???
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yamazaki, Masayoshi <yamazaki@feclab.furuno.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1999 10:06:13
  Dear all:
  I'm a new subscriber from Japan.  Nice to meet you.

  Last Saturday, I installed NetBSD/mac68k 1.3.2 onto my
Mac, but I found the warning message, "no /dev/console"
whenever I tried to boot it, and nothing happened since
then.  I should much appreciate it if you would give me
any advice or hints.  What should I do next ?
Do I have to change some configurations ?

  My hardware is Macintosh Centris 660AV[68040] with
  Internal HD: 230MB => System 7.6.1[Japanese]
  External HD: 1.0GB [SCSI:1]
          16K  Mac Driver
       48000K  A/UX Swap slice 1
      480000K  A/UX Root & User slice 0
      480000K  Macintosh E-HD

  First, I've changed the partition as mentioned above with
"Mkfs" utility.

  Second, I installed the following set:
    base.tgz, comp.tgz, etc.tgz, games.tgz, kern.tgz, man.tgz,
    misc.tgz, text.tgz, xbase.tgz, xcomp.tgz, xcontrib.tgz,
    xfont.tgz, xserver.tgz

  Third, I set "Booter" as following.
  # Boot options:
    BSD device, kernel name: netbsd
    Root SCSI ID: 1, [x] Enabled ?
    [x] Single user
  # Monitors Preferences
    [x] Change Monitor Depth [o] B&W

  Then, I tried to boot my Mac, and failed...
  Would anyone help me, please ?

--
  Yamazaki, Masayoshi
  E-Mail: yamazaki@feclab.furuno.co.jp