Subject: Re: Color-X
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/23/1999 22:28:10
On Mon, 24 May 1999, Ken Nakata wrote:

  I'm not sure what the original question here was, but
When I installed 1.4 I had a hell of time getting that OSFA server
working. The old one doesn't work with 1.4.  It was changed recently by some guy
in Japan. (" I'm sorry I forgot your name, but thanks anyway for fixing that
bug)  First I followed the links in the FAQ and downloaded a copy, but those
links all point to the old version of OSFA.  Then I went to the list archives
because I remember some letters about the OSFA not working and there
I found a link to the new repaired version of OSFA.  That link was incomplete
in the archive letter and needed some tweeking to get the OSFA.tgz

Once I found it, it was with out Ken's installation instructions, I think.

  Why isn't that OSFA server included in the binary distribution sets?

Most people, I think are going to want to set up color X, or in my
case 256 gray X.

  I think our documentation needs to be cleaned up a little.  Is any one
in charge of keeping it up to date and correct?

> On Sat, 22 May 1999 11:39:33 -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> > 	If the OpenBSD support is so lousy that you need to ask
> > 	questions about it on a NetBSD mailing list, who not just
> > 	run NetBSD instead?
>
> Enthusiastically seconded :-)
>
> Ken

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea