Subject: Re: Help with" make && make install" --solved
To: greg walsh <gwalsh@artec.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1999 20:40:27
On Fri, 21 May 1999, greg walsh wrote:

> So then I tried a "make", and that's when I learned that I have to have
> my modem installed and configured in order to do a one.  Is this
> correct?  This info was alluded to in the Package.txt file.  But for
> some reason I thought that I when I unpacked pkgsrc.tar.gz I was
> unpacking the current source code and patches for all the packages.
> What did I unpack?

The stuff in pkgsrc is simply a set of pointers to where the source code
lives, along with instructions on how to retrieve it (via the net) and
then put it all together.  The actual source for all of the packages
would be larger than you would want to keep on your own hard drive!

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |