Subject: Re: Help with" make && make install" --solved
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: greg walsh <gwalsh@artec.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1999 19:43:29
At 3:21 PM -0800 on 05/21/99, Bill Studenmund wrote:

>You have a seperate usr partition, don't you?

Why yes, as a matter of fact I do! : )

>I think the problem is that the installer does NOT mount all partitions
>when it does things, so your comp.tgz contents are all sitting in the
>/usr
>directory on your root fs. When your usr partition gets mounted, those
>contents disapear.

Ahhhhhhh.....

Sooooo.... I followed your directions, untarred the comp.tgz file and
low and behold the mysterious missing files appeared.

Thanks!  I was really scratching my head.   Is this in the faq
anywhere? It seems that if the installer doesn't mount all partitions
when doing an install --this fact and your solution would be a valuable
item to add to it or to the Package.txt file.

So then I tried a "make", and that's when I learned that I have to have
my modem installed and configured in order to do a one.  Is this
correct?  This info was alluded to in the Package.txt file.  But for
some reason I thought that I when I unpacked pkgsrc.tar.gz I was
unpacking the current source code and patches for all the packages.
What did I unpack?

Thanks for your help, Bill...

greg

-------
# Bills solution to the missing comp.tgz files