Subject: Re: Swap and foreign keyboards ?
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Niels S. Eliasen <nse@ruc.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/19/1999 11:46:29
>Niels S. Eliasen wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have installed the 1.4 Beta a litte more than a week ago... and so far I
>> am quite impressed!!!
>>
>> 2 questions though:
>>
>> 1. I have a swap partition on sd0b and swapctl claims that "Device is not
>> configured" ...
>> This baffles me! Especially as the Installer is "1.1g"
>> BTW: I have two disks in the system....
>
>what does your /etc/fstab look like?  what does a 'disklabel sd0' show?

fstab looks a standard run-of-the-mill fstab, ie. everything on "sd0?"
which means swap on sd0b, and as I do not have a "sd0b" for swap but have
the entire "sd0" disk(SCSI-id 0) for "root&usr&var" then swap is definitely
not setup.

I have an additional "sd1" disk where I have the "startup disk" for
MacOS(SCSI-id 2) and and a slice of 60MB set up though Silverlining to act
as the swap device
disklabel for the sd0 disk is "fictitious" and the second time I ran
disklabel for the sd1 disk the system panic'ed .....

Any ideas?
BTW: should "fstab force" produce a new /etc/fstab for me ? I cannot find
the "fstab" command anywhere...

>> 2. How do I configure the system to have a non-US keyboard ?
>
>hmmmm...the answer might be:  you don't.  however, if you use 'dt' as your
>console, there is support for a few non-US keyboards.  also, if you're
>using X, you can use xmodmap to remap the keys appropriately.  i believe
>there is an example or two available on ftp.netbsd.org.  when we move to
>wscons (hopefully by v1.5), supporting international layouts on the
>console should be a lot more straightforward.
>
>i hope this helps some.
>
>later.
>
>colin

I got an a good tip from Yasuhiro Endoh <quiver@tky3.3web.ne.jp> as how to
"fix"/circumvent this problem.... look into that one later!

regards/mvh

Niels S. Eliasen

Delfi Konsult
Kildeager 2D
St. Valby                                    Mailid:  nse@ruc.dk
DK-4000 Roskilde                            Tel/Fax: +4546786050
Denmark                                    Cellular: +4521246530