Subject: NCR vs SBC scsi in NetBSD 1.4?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/17/1999 20:49:34
All,

Which, if any, is the preferred SCSI driver in 1.4, the NCR or the SBC
driver?  I've been using the NCR driver since 1.2, and have only had
minor problems w/ it (hangs or panics when accessing HFS partitions on
some of my disks; zero problems w/ NetBSD and HFS partitions on my
NetBSD disk), but now that I'm about to upgrade to 1.4, I was
wondering whether I should switch to the SBC driver.  If it matters,
this is on a IIcx, and, while I'm not currently using Ethernet, I may
be soon (I vaguely remember some conflict between SBC and Ethernet,
'though I could be mistaken...)

Thanks,

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes@uchicago.edu                               University of Chicago