Subject: Re: About IIsi color palette
To: Sergey Ivanov <ivanov@animatek.in.ru>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/17/1999 20:18:09
On Mon, 17 May 1999, Sergey Ivanov wrote:

> >Had you read the accompanying document a little more closely (I admit
> >it's far from not-confusing at all), you'd notice that it said that it
> >did not support 256 color mode on the internal video.  Best you can do
> >is 256 gray scale mode to use which you have to switch to gray scale
> >mode before booting into NetBSD.
> >

> I tried once 256 grayscale mode, but pictures showed by mozilla in this mode
> was so meshed that I decided that these grays are meshed in color palette
> too. May be the bug was mozilla's?
>
> WBR,
>    Sergey Ivanov

  Yes, I had the same problem with mozilla.  The pictures don't show the
right shades.  That mozilla is has some problems.  The pictures in
mosaic show properly in the 256 gray scale mode  With Ken's OSFA server.
They also show correctly with the other graphics programs; like "xli"
So that particular problem seems to be in mozilla.  I don't know
how to correct that.

		Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea