Subject: Pre-installation blues
To: Mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/15/1999 11:20:08
I've got a Macintosh IIsi that came with a tiny 40MB hard drive
(Conner CP3040A) that I want to install NetBSD on.  Since such a tiny
drive can't really do anything, I now have a 540MB drive (Conner
CP30540.)  My problem is that I cannot get the drive
partitioned/formatted properly with my System 7 emergency disk with
the included Apple SC HD Setup utility.  The drive is seen by my
FreeBSD box with a Adapatec 7890, and I used the hfstools' hformat to
put a big hfs partition on it, so I believe that the drive actually
works.  I also have a Mac II, but I need a video cable adapter to use
it.

--
Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu

"If you understand what you're doing, you're not learning anything."
	-- A. L.