Subject: media errors and packages
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1999 14:59:24
I tried to install emacs from the pkgsrc today and bad stuff happened; got a
couple of questions for everyone. Running 1.3.3 on a Mac IIci.

1) Does fsck check for media errors (i.e. physical problems w/ the disk)? I
was getting some odd messages during make install and when I looked at the
console the screen was full of messages about "medium errors" on sd0. If it
doesn't (I didn't see anything on the man page), what can I use to check the
integrity of the disk?

2) How does one fool the packages system into thinking something is
installed? The 'make install' failed after running into the disk issues and
'make deinstall' won't happen because the install never registered d:(

--
Dave Schmitt <dschmi1@umbc.edu>