Subject: Single user
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Massey <richardm@clear.net.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/13/1999 15:48:55
In the recent 1.4 beta there has been a change of behaviour when one boots
into single user mode (or rc.conf is not configured). The prompt fails to
ask for a terminal type. This is a problem as then vi refuses to launch
complaining that the terminal type is undefined (even if TERM is manually
set). As ed is too much for me I was forced to cpout edit and cpin rc.conf.
Interestingly when one boots into multiuser mode and then shutsdown into
single user terminal type is asked for (shell is asked for in both
scenarios).

Is this intended or an "undocumented feature" (TM Microsoft) ???

Cheers
Richard