Subject: cp /dev/tty0 /dev/modem, kppp
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/02/1999 23:05:00
  I was trying to set up kppp in the kde package.  In kppp they give you
a choice of device names, like /dev/modem and such but they don't give me
tty00, which I need for my quadra610.  I tried a symbolic link:
ln -s /dev/tty00 /dev/modem

but I had trouble with that and they recommend not doing that in the kde FAQ.
So than I tried to copy the file /dev/tty00 to /dev/modem,  but these are
special files and this didn't seem to work.

Has any one had similar trouble with setting up kppp? Or is it possible
to copy  the /dev/tty00 file to /dev/modem so either /dev/tty00 or /dev/modem
would work for a ppp connection.

  Thanks,

		 Guy

Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
South Korea