Subject: Re: out of inodes???
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/30/1999 11:10:18
On 4/30/99 10:29 AM, Ken Nakata was rumored to have said...

>On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:51:45 -0400, Greg Evans wrote:
>> Wow, what a bummer.  Any way to increase the amount of inodes?? <grin>  I
>> currently have only 2 partitions as I recall root&usr and a swap.  I did
>> have the root and usr partitions seperate but after some particularly
>> nast problems in which I hosed the filesystem I reformatted and just made
>> a single root&usr...
>
>I'd have suspected a long-lived daemon process that didn't close or
>unlink the temporary files it had opened (the proper procedure is to
>close *and* unlink the temporary files).  Do you see a lot of
>temporary files in /tmp or /var/tmp?

Ken,

Actually no, the only file in either of those is /var/tmp/vi.recover

However, what I am noticing right now is that now that I have ceased
checking my email (via pop3) from my mac, and therefore qpopper is not
really doing anything, this behavior seems to have stopped....hmmmmm....

Greg