Subject: Re: out of inodes???
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Greg Evans <raisplin@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/30/1999 07:51:45
On 4/30/99 1:32 AM, Colin Wood was rumored to have said...

>Greg Evans wrote:
>> I am currently using my little Q610 to do NAT sendmail, DNS, and web
>> (httpd)....Lately it has started 'acting up' giving me a message
>>
>> <date> <machine name> inetd[406] connection from 192.168.1.2 service pop3
>> (tcp)
>> <date> <machine name> /netbsd: uid 1001 on /: out of inodes
>> <date> <machine name> /netbsd: uid 1001 on /: out of inodes
>>
>> then I can't do anything else on the machine @ the console until I reboot.
>>
>> Is there a reason this should be happening?
>
>you've managed to get too many files on your root filesystem....do you
>have multiple partitions?  if so, did you ever mistakenly install w/o
>mounting the other partitions first?  that's the most likely thing i can
>think of at the moment...
>
>later.
>
>colin

Wow, what a bummer.  Any way to increase the amount of inodes?? <grin>  I
currently have only 2 partitions as I recall root&usr and a swap.  I did
have the root and usr partitions seperate but after some particularly
nast problems in which I hosed the filesystem I reformatted and just made
a single root&usr...

Greg