Subject: Re: pine locking
To: Guy Santiglia <fredfl2@soback.kornet.net>
From: William Carrel <n9640093@cc.wwu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/1999 19:09:13

> {soback.kornet.nm.kr}inbox : Error creating /var/mail/fredfl2.lock.925434=
1]

> I =A4keep getting this message when I try to check my mail with pine 4.05.
> It proceeds to get the mail after displaying this message and after I hit
> return on the keyboard.  Is there any way to get rid of this message?
> Did any one get a similar message when using pine?
>
> Guy

> Guy Santiglia  Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3!
> South Korea

This is pine attempting to make its lockfile for the inbox.  My guess would=
 be
that your permissions in /var/mail are wrong, and pine cannot create the fi=
le.
I personally don't think that /var/mail is quite the right place for these =
lock
files, odds are there is in option you can set in pine to have it place the
lockfiles elsewhere, like in /var/lock/pine or something else that you crea=
te.

William Carrel, IIcx, IIcx, Quadra 610, NetBSD 1.3.3