Subject: Working machine survey
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1999 14:16:05
Hi all-

I'm a couple of days late in posting this, but please bear with me :-)

Anyway, I'd like to get some idea of the current working status of
machines for 1.4.  I'm pretty sure that we don't support any more machines
under 1.4 than under 1.3 (and in fact, we might even support less), but
it would be nice if I could get some real numbers so that I can update the
release notes appropriately.

So, please let me know if you've tried the 1.4_ALPHA snapshots and whether
or not they work on your machine (and what kind of machine it is).  As for
working, I'm currently defining this as "boots into multi-user on the
internal console and runs most programs".  I'd also like to know if you've
got a serial-console-only machine as well.  There's no real need to post
to the list, you can send it directly to me.

As we're nearing code freeze, please respond to this message ASAP.

Thanks!

Colin