Subject: Denon 253 CD-ROM player
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T Dale <dbag@tenet.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1999 02:02:03
--------------750C29A1D8AE0CCD02E3BCA4

I have a old Denon DRD-253 CD-ROM drive.  I called Denon (Jim:  j_mcguinness@nj.denon.com) looking for the Mac driver for this old SCSI CD-ROM player (the better to load NetBSD with.)  He told me that Optical Media International obtained the rights to that
software and Denon no longer had it or supported it.  He went on to say that he did not think that Optical Media International would have it any more either.  Does anyone know where I could find old drivers at an FTP site or something for this orphaned CD_ROM
player?  I'm trying to put the CD_ROM player on an old Mac II ci that I intend to install NetBSD on.  It is probably premature to inquire about a driver for the CD_ROM player for NetBSD. . .    Jim said that any driver for single speed, SCSI 1, 8 bit and
common command set should work or with that info I could write my own driver.  Yeh, I'm just not there yet.

I put NetBSD on my 575 but the LC040 thing killed that project last year.  So now I'm gearing back up. . .

6409 posts in my NetBSD folder!

Attitude is EVERYTHING!

--------------750C29A1D8AE0CCD02E3BCA4

begin:          vcard
fn:             T Dale Bagwell
n:              Bagwell;T Dale
org:            home
adr;dom:        ;;4814 Casemont;Spring;TX;77388-4912;
email;internet: dbag@tenet.edu
tel;home:       281-350-6507
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE