Subject: Re: having slight problems booting...
To: None <misteven@mtu.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/28/1999 07:07:03
On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:22:55 -0400, Mike Stevens wrote:
> I have a Quadra 840AV, and lately whenever I fire up the BSD partition,
> I get dropped into the debugger.  Beforehand, I get this nice message:
>
> scsibus0 at: esp0= 8 targets
> kernel FPU Trap.
> trap: type 0x10,code 0x0, v 0x0
> kernel: type 16 trap
> pid = 0, pc = 000DC340, ps = 2000, sfc = 1, dfc =1
>
> Then comes a lot of strange characters.  Any suggestions?

What version of NetBSD?  Did you upgrade NetBSD recently?  Did you
make any changes to your hardware configuration lately?

If the answers to the second and third questions are both "No"s, I'd
suspect a hardware failure.  In that case maybe you should clean the
inside with a dust blower, but it's not guaranteed to fix the problem.

Ken